Pictures will be taken individually for ID, then a group photo about 8 PM.
Banquet April 1, 5:15 Social Club-changed from March 18
Reading of Minutes
Change electric to air line material, piping (page 1), change Greenawalds to Woodlawn was first up, (page 3)
Approval of minutes
Candidates for membership
Roll call of officers present
fire police 09, 10
Report of Officers
- Recruitment, Retainment & New Members-Barry: meeting next week will finish up the series of 3 meetings next week. Mentioned paper, survey done in NJ about decline of volunteer ff’s in NJ Had a haz-mat call ( diesel fuel) . Wear appropriate gear for weather. Classroom hazmat stuff coming up. Charlie Brown’s is getting a knox box.
- Safety/ Safety Training & Fire police Training.- Rich : passed out some literature.
Firefighter close calls.com: Australia, FF killed at home and he tried to get everybody out.
Stair collapse, Nj FF who returned to fire for evacuation, FF who cut finger and infection killed him,
Line of Duty Deaths (LOADS) 7 proposals suggested for safety discussed by members and will be discussed by Officers.
- Seatbelts, turnout gear, hot-warm-cold response modes, Spotters for backing up, R.I.T., No fire police on Rt. 22 or 309, Fire police will gear up. 51 will now respond on fire police only calls. When retired, old 01 unit will be used for response to fire police calls. One officer, one crew only.
Jack & Charlie have both retired as of last week as fire police
- Fire & Rescue Training - Jr. next week, leadership development, westy & search, mar 6 go over the everyone goes home program, elevator tools video, mar 13 hwy safety class, 27, team building exercises, apr 3 scavenger hunt district, 10-scott class, 24 scott practical, 5 guys in ff1, team still first in class.
Thanks from Kish for help w/training on first aid/CPR
- Truck Maintenance/Driver Training- Cope note: not race cars, they are trucks, stop slower, respond slower on turns. Officers will hold back speeding drivers and will curb them and replace on scene if needed. 91 serviced and state inspected, 92 new choke cable installed, left/side quartz light lens replaced.
- Grounds & Engine House n- Ricky checked KD works, and they are insured and licensed, KDWorks added $1190 for additional supports. Rich met with him and suggested some changes, he explained them to membership. ($8515 total) plus lights and oil line moved.
- Quartermaster ( Gear, Radios, & Related Equipment) Will, ordered nut-serts for new truck, all FF’s we have straps for top of helmets. LED flashlights info available, all trucks 12, 51, 92 and house map books updated and redone, 92 & 12 have city maps. New large map hanging in house with new streets added.
4 helmets ordered, waiting for fronts, need suspenders was suggested.
- Air Packs & Related Equipment Justin, waiting to hear on cylinder still at scott, waiting to hear about new airpacks (2) coming in. Made two new sheets which will be by officer’s room, to sign out cylinders to take to class. Will sign in and out. Because of two incidents. Must be signed and dated. 2 cylinders due for hydro. Will be sold. Will suggested sending students to class with the newest units to get familiar, rather than use old 2216 packs.. Discussion about stripping first due, until more new packs are installed. Will go to discussion at officer’s meeting.
- BREAK FOR GROUP PHOTO 8:25
- Specialists, ChrisM- grant- from last year, but never notified, for RIT equipment
- Fire Police 3209-10 all firepolice will respond as 09 to county
Report of Committees
Banquet : on schedule April 1 at club, deadline next week
Holiday Party: no update
Fire Prevention: no update
Incentive : no report
Parades: no report
Communication & Correspondence: note about grant, Dan Fahringer on leave until April 1, Fire Police retirements, Dave Bond/cub pack visit , thank you from Rich Tice & Family , officers from Lower Milford, hazmat and Tech rescue looking for people, Shad group, rescue call response letter ( 51 stays and wait for VFT’s). 91 should have hazmat operational. Non-vrt’s will not run rescue tools.
Finances – Mike - treasurer's report accepted as read
Old Business: none
New Business: Rick is back from medical leave, Rusty’s mom in hospital,
Calls: Charlie Brown, Diesel Spill (weather a hazard), transfer pump used. Suggest new flex wands, larger diameter for larger volumes. Rescue ridgeview and walbert, Row of ArborVitae on Congress ablaze, was quite a going fire, dry conditions and wind are becoming a problem. Rescue on Huckleberry with wires. Target/fermaldahyde
New Toys: new tools ordered for 06, new k-12’s
Jr: fire reports are getting lax, need complete info and proper coding, what really happened, not just what was called out for.
Fund drive in process, will go out end of April, early May.